Monday, August 18, 2008

Asian sandwiches and cheap beer

Checked out a place I've been meaning to get to for a while called Province. R sent me a Times article that had some reviews of NYC sandwich shops and this was on the list. I didn't have the mackerel sandwich recommended in the article, but I had braised pork shoulder and the short rib and kimchi. Really tasty stuff. The kimchi (luckily for me) wasn't too spicy. Meat was very flavorful and the mantou buns that were talked up in the review did not disappoint.

Wasn't exactly a cheap lunch, but I did notice something interesting. They serve beer and wine, including two Goose Island selections. And they have a happy hour special starting at 4PM where beers are $3 each. Not a bad thing to check out if you have the opportunity.

No comments: