Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gearing up for the NJ Craft Beer Festival


The 13th Annual New Jersey Craft Beer Festival is this Saturday on the Battleship New Jersey on the Camden waterfront. We missed it last year, because R & I were on our honeymoon. So we're looking forward to being back there after a one year absence and hoping for a great brewery turnout.


Unfortunately not all of NJ's breweries are members of the Guild and not even all of the members actually show. You can't blame some of the North Jersey brewpubs for not wanting to trek down to Camden - how many new customers is a brewpub in Sparta really going to win this weekend? I would love it if the Guild could either get a North (or even Central) Jersey festival off the ground. It kind of rubs me the wrong way that I'm spending the weekend (and my money) in Philly to support NJ brewers. But for now, I guess the biggest craft brewer in NJ gets to call the shots and have the fest in their backyard.


Rumor has it that Iron Hill will be making its debut at this year's festival. That will be something to look forward to. Let's hope that the deteriorating weather forecast doesn't scare anyone off from attending this year. I think that tickets are still available, so run out and get yours now!!!

No comments: