Tuesday, February 8, 2011

See what happens?

This is what happens when you let some Jersey City riff-raff move into your neighborhood. A couple of months later the town brewery almost collapses.

Looks like all of the recent snow and ice caused some dangerous sagging in the River Horse's roof. No word yet on whether or not there will be any impact to production. I'll try to swing by there in the next few days for some investigative journalism.

I was worried about all of the recent snow being a problem for us. We have an old house and all of that heavy snow sitting up there on the roof was making me nervous. Luckily we didn't have any problems. Quite frankly, I'm surprised we didn't hear about something like this sooner.

The article from the Hunterdon County Democrat shows a picture of the Columbia firehouse, one of Lambertville's four volunteer firehouses. It doesn't say whether or not they were the house that responded, but I did take note of the picture. Columbia was just recently recommended for closure. Saving a brewery is way bigger than fishing kitty out of a tree, so if they were the responding house, I say they need to stay open.